Monday, December 24, 2007

MEETING MATHEWSON COUSINS

An enjoyable aspect of tracing your genealogy is finding living cousins, those who are descended down different lines from a common ancestor. I've found others who count Uncle Buffalo Bill in their heritage.

Then we aid one another by combining our research and rounding out the story about Uncle William and Aunt Lizzie. We have tales to tell, research to share, and even other relatives to meet.

It's also great fun to meet these cousins face to face as I've done on several occasions. At Christmas time we exchange cards and letters.

My Mathewson cousins, that I've found, descend from Uncle William's daughter. His son had no children before his death in an auto accident.

I've traced family lines from Uncle William's and his sister's siblings, but have not found any living cousins yet. His sister Olive was my great grandmother.

No comments: